The Trustees are delighted to confirm that the Hibs Club will be reopening on Wednesday 15 July at 4pm.
We’re still waiting for detailed guidance from the Scottish Government, but you’ll notice some changes when you come back to Sunnyside.
Following our initial reopening on Wednesday 15 July we will operate new opening hours:
- Thursday, opening 4pm
- Friday, opening 4pm
- Saturday, opening 12pm
- Sunday, opening 12pm
Closing times each day will be at the discretion of the bar management.
We will not be open Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Serving our customers
We’ll also be making some changes to the way we serve you:
- Whelahans Bar will remain closed, we’ll be serving in The Famous Five Suite (‘Big Hall’) only
- Our capacity will be limited – further details to follow
- Table service only – you will not be served at the bar
- You’ll not be able to use your membership card to pay for drinks or put money on your card
- The bar will not be accepting cash – debit or credit card payments only
- Membership discounts on drinks will still apply but there will be no extra midweek discount
- Our draught drinks menu will be limited
- Our jukebox and fruit machines will not be operating
- It seems likely that we will need to operate a “sign in” process – further details to follow
We would ask all members and visitors to follow these new rules and respect our bar staff and council members at all times.
These changes to the way we operate will be constantly reviewed.
This will allow us to ensure that we keep up to date with changing official guidelines and ensure that our temporary changes continue to make financial sense for The Hibs Club. We will work to get back to normal as soon as guidelines allow.
At this stage we will be unable to return to our normal calendar of events. That means there will be no bingo, cabarets or private functions. We would ask that branches do not resume meetings at this time. It is not possible at this stage to give a new date for our postponed AGM.
We will be taking booking for functions to be held later in 2020 and throughout 2021 but will follow official guidance about when functions can resume.
We’ll continue to update you as we get closer to July 15 and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sunnyside soon.