It’s coming up for that time of year again.
This year our AGM is scheduled to take place on Sunday 12 May at noon.
Members should note that the original date of Sunday 5 May clashes with the away fixture against Rangers. Postponing the AGM by a week will allow members intending to travel to Ibrox to attend the AGM.
Proposed changes to our rules and constitution
In line with the HSA Constitution and Rules (item 7.3), the Trustees would like to notify members of proposed rule addition/amendments that will be presented for decision at the AGM.
Members can read the current rules and constitution online.
Proposed changes to HSA Constitution and Rules, section 11 – Membership
Amendment to item 11.6
11.6 Joining subscriptions and re affiliation fees for all levels of membership (Full, Associate, International and Juvenile) will be proposed by the Executive Council and ratified by members at the Annual General Meeting.
Addition of new item 11.7
11.7 Membership classifications will be defined as:
- Full: Full members will have full access to the Club premises and full voting rights at HSA AGM and EGMs. Full members must be aged 18 or over.
- Associate: Associate members will have restricted access to the Club premises, with no entry before home matches. Associate members will have no voting rights at HSA AGM or EGMs.
- Senior: Senior members will have full access to the Club premises and full voting rights at HSA AGM and EGMs. Senior members must be aged 65 or over.
- Juvenile: Juvenile members will have access to the Club within permitted hours and will be restricted to specific areas of the club. Juvenile members will have no voting rights at HSA AGM or EGMs.
- International: International members will have restricted access to the Club premises, with no entry before home matches. International members will have no voting rights at HSA AGM or EGMs.
- Honorary President: Honorary Presidents elected under the rules defined in Section 12, will have full access to the Club. Honorary Presidents will have full voting rights at HSA AGM and EGMs.
Proposed changes to HSA Constitution and Rules, section 7 – Annual General Meeting
Amendment to item 7.4
7.4 Full, Associate, Senior and International members, and Honorary Presidents will be allowed to attend Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings. Full and Senior members, and Honorary Presidents will be entitled to vote on all issues. Associate and International members will not be entitled to vote at Annual or Extraordinary General Meetings.
Members should note that the addition of a new item 11.7 will be voted on first at the AGM, if this is not passed votes will not be held on amendments to item 11.6 or 7.4.
Election of trustees
Three trustees will remain in position as their periods in office continue to run:
- Billy Douglas – General Secretary
- Colin Rich – Treasurer
- David Shaw – Vice Chair
As Crawford Corrigan’s elected period as Chairman has come to an end, the Chair’s position will become vacant on the day of the AGM. Crawford has informed the Trustees that he will stand for election as Chair again.
Paul Adamson has made the decision to stand down at the AGM, meaning the Assistant General Secretary position will also be vacant..
Nominations for Trustee positions
The General Secretary has received the following nominations for the vacant Trustee positions:
- Crawford Corrigan – nominated as Chairman (St Giles Branch)
- Chris Barrie – nominated as Assistant General Secretary (Southern Branch)
Both these nominations were received in advance of the 14 day deadline as specified in our constitution and rules. No other nominations have been received.
Everyone at The Hibs Club would like to pass on their thanks to Paul Adamson for all his hard work as Assistant General Secretary.