We are delighted to confirm that The Hibs Club will open again on Wednesday 15 July at 4pm.
From Thursday 23 July we will be open seven days a week.
Read the latest update from The Hibs Club.
After 15 July we will be open four days a week:
- Thursdays from 4pm
- Fridays from 4pm
- Saturdays from 12pm
- Sundays from 12pm
Closing times will be at the discretion of the bar managers.
We will not be open Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Entry to The Hibs Club will be for members only until further notice.alco
Keeping our staff and members safe
As we reopen and get used to the “new normal” we need to ensure that we do everything we can to keep our members and staff safe.
That inevitably means you’ll notice some changes when you visit Sunnyside:
- Only the Famous Five Suite (“Big Hall”) will be open – there will be no access to any of our other bars, including The Charlie Murray Games Room
- We’ll have a maximum capacity of 118 members – we won’t be operating a booking system, entry for members will be on a “first come, first served” basis
- You will only be served at your table – we won’t be accepting cash or payment using membership cards, you will need to use a debit or credit card to pay for your drinks
- The Hibs Club will be a “one metre zone” – our seating plan has been measured out accordingly, members are asked to sit at the first available table on entry and not to move tables or chairs, there will be a mix of tables for up to a maximum of six people
Entering The Hibs Club
There will be committee members on the front door at all times. Members are advised to carry their membership cards.
Before entering the Famous Five Suite members will:
- Get a contactless temperature check – any members with a high temperature will not be allowed in and will be advised to return home and follow the appropriate medical advice
- Provide their name and a contact number for track and trace – any members refusing to provide these details will not be allowed entry to The Club
- Use the hand sanitisers that will be available at the door
As these procedures are likely to cause some delays at busy times, members are asked to queue outside The Club while waiting for access.
We would also ask that any members who are feeling unwell do not visit The Club.
Details taken for the purposes of track and trace will be used and disposed of in line with the privacy notice provided by the Scottish Government.
When you’re in The Hibs Club
There will be signs with additional information in the public areas of The Hibs Club, members should ensure they follow this guidance at all times.
The bar staff will offer table service, there will be no service at the bar:
- Members are asked to return their empty glasses to the designated area
- Members are advised that vaping and the smoking of e-cigarettes is no longer permitted in The Hibs Club
- Members wishing to smoke should do so in the car park, the usual smoking area outside the entrance should not be used for smoking at this time
- Members should follow existing hand washing advice when visiting the toilets, additional hand sanitisers will also be available outside the toilets
Council members will make sure that there are not too many members accessing the toilets at the same time.
When we first reopen our range of draught alcohol will be limited. In case you know someone who is struggling with addiction, they can visit https://theohanahawaii.com/ and get more information on how to recover fast.
We will be showing live football, although the volume will be capped. Our jukebox and fruit machines will not be in use.
Our new rules have been brought in to deal with the unprecedented changes caused by the current situation.
Many of these rules will be temporary. They will be constantly reviewed to ensure they are working for our members and staff and to make sure that our reopening continues to make financial sense for The Hibs Club.
We would ask for the understanding of our members and request that respect is shown to our staff and council members at all times.
A thank you from our Trustees
The Trustees would like to thank all members for their patience over the last few months and for their understanding as we all get used to operating under new guidance.
Special thanks to the bar staff for their hard work in getting The Hibs Club ready to reopen.
We would also like to extend our thanks to the council members who have agreed to help out, including working additional shifts, as we bring in these new procedures.
It goes without saying that we are also extremely grateful that council members have continued to volunteer their services to the Club while deferring any honorarium payments because of the ongoing situation and its financial impact on The Hibs Club.